Call us now on 01361 882023 or 07713 197631

Landlord Certificates

With landlords responsibilities surrounding gas appliances becoming ever more daunting we are here to give landlords & tenants alike reassurance that the appliances within their properties are in a safe & reliable state.

All appliances and gas pipe work must be checked and certified every twelve months.

As Gas Safe registered we can look after both landlords & tenants needs with boiler, cooker & fire servicing & repairs carried out, leaving tenants happy & landlords hassle free. We look after landlords with one property through to estates with large numbers of tenanted property’s & provide a prompt & reliable service.  

Gas installation safety and gas safety certificate:

If you let a property connected to a mains gas supply, you must arrange an annual maintenance check of gas pipe work, appliances and flues. This should be carried out by an engineer registered with the Gas Safe Register – formerly Corgi. You should keep inspection records for at least two years and give copies of the reports to your existing tenants within 28 days of each check. You should also give copies to new tenants before they move in. Your tenants are responsible for any gas appliances they own, but you must still maintain the parts of any associated gas installations – like flues and ventilation requirements along with all the gas supply pipework. Landlords have specific legal responsibilities to their tenants when it comes to gas safety Understanding the law for rental accommodation As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Landlords’ duties apply to a wide range of accommodation, occupied under a lease, which includes, but not exclusively: Residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels Rooms let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels Rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.  

Landlord’s responsibilities

If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities: Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Visit: Gas safe Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use. Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years. A carbon monoxide alarm must be fitted in each room where a burning appliance is located. All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, then you are responsible for the maintenance of the gas pipework but not for the actual appliance. You should also make sure your tenants know where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.  

Gas Safe Register

Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom. Only a Gas Safe Registered installer is legally allowed to install, maintain and service gas appliances. It’s vital that you check your gas installer is Gas Safe Registered. You can ask to see your installer’s Gas Safe Registration card or check on the Gas Safe Register website. If the installer can’t produce an ID card they are an illegal gas installer.   You may like to know that after you have had gas work carried out in your property you can nominate the installation for inspection by the Gas Safe Register. Gas Safe Register is appointed by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI on 1st April 2009.   Website: